[Linux-PowerEdge] Fwd: OpenManage 7.4 not detecting storage controller

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:29:23 CDT 2014

[ Apologies if this appears twice; I was not fully subscribed to the
list when I first tried to post ]

Hi,

I have checked the FAQ but didn't find anything regarding this issue.

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2800 running CentOS 6.5 (x86_64) and have
installed the current OpenManage tools (srvadmin-all-7.4.0)

However, when I go to the OpenManage web page (https://server:1311/)
and log in, I can't see the status of my RAID controller or disks -
instead, I get the dreaded message "No storage controllers detected".
>From the command line I get the following:
# omreport storage controller
No controllers found

I did find the following web page, that indicated the 64-bit version
of OpenManage 6 had issues detecting controllers:
http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/01/no-controllers-found-fix-set-up-dell-omsa-6-4-32-bit-on-rhel-centos-5-5-64-bit/

However, it appears that there is no 32-bit version of OpenManage 7.4
for CentOS/RedHat 6 - I did try the fix above, to force a 32-bit
install, but the RPMs seem to simply not be there.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can manage my server? My main
priority is to be alerted if any disks fail.

Thanks,

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"