[Linux-PowerEdge] r720 bios reset with no video

Elie_Jreij at Dell.com Elie_Jreij at Dell.com
Thu Mar 27 15:44:59 CDT 2014

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Try to ssh to iDRAC and execute the following commands:
racadm set BIOS.IntegratedDevices.EmbVideo Enabled
racadm jobqueue create BIOS.Setup.1-1 -r graceful -s TIME_NOW

The first command stages a BIOS setting to use embedded video and the 2nd command reboots the server to apply the setting

Regards
Elie

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Bernadette Pfau - NOAA Affiliate
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:34 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] r720 bios reset with no video

Hello,
We have a Dell R720 where someone disabled the onboard video.  For whatever reason, installing a PCIe video card and attempting to connect to the server through that means doesn't work.
Is there a way to restore the onboard video without using video?  I'm open to resetting the server to the factory BIOS settings, but I can't find the definitive (safe) way to do that. Is the procedure to simply remove the BIOS battery for about 10 minutes?  What do I risk by doing that?
Thanks in advance