[Linux-PowerEdge] r720 bios reset with no video

Bernadette Pfau - NOAA Affiliate bernadette.pfau at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 27 15:34:21 CDT 2014

Hello,

We have a Dell R720 where someone disabled the onboard video.  For whatever
reason, installing a PCIe video card and attempting to connect to the
server through that means doesn't work.

Is there a way to restore the onboard video without using video?  I'm open
to resetting the server to the factory BIOS settings, but I can't find the
definitive (safe) way to do that. Is the procedure to simply remove the
BIOS battery for about 10 minutes?  What do I risk by doing that?

Thanks in advance