[Linux-PowerEdge] Latest firmware live DVD posted

Elias Abacioglu elias.rabi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:31:58 CDT 2014

I gotta agree with Steven.
The experience horrible when upgrading firmware using debian/ubuntu or
Linux in general.
There is also no dependency. Like some old NIC firmware's require you to do
a multi step upgrade to a specific version before upgrading to latest
version..
Even when upgrading using lifecycle controller it doesn't know that it need
to upgrade to a older firmware before upgrading to the latest, instead it
gotta try on 4 NIC's and fail for all of them one by one.

It should be so easy that you only have to mirror a FTP directory or
something for a specific machine type and then run local binaries that are
not broken and doesn't require RPM...

/Elias