[Linux-PowerEdge] racadm problems...

Krist van Besien Krist.vanBesien at processlynx.ch
Wed Mar 26 03:09:03 CDT 2014

Hello all,

I managed to narrow my racadm problems  down to what looks like a weird bug.

Just look at this:

[kristl at lupin-bast-r720q12013-2ds1202 ~]$ getent hosts idrac-8DS1202
10.0.1.163      idrac-8DS1202.ilo.fulldomainname.ch
[kristl at lupin-bast-r720q12013-2ds1202 ~]$  idracadm7 -r 10.0.1.163 -u root -p ******* getversion
Security Alert: Certificate is invalid - self signed certificate
Continuing execution. Use -S option for racadm to stop execution on certificate-related errors.
Bios Version             = 2.1.2

iDRAC Version            = 1.50.50

USC Version              = 1.3.0.850

[kristl at lupin-bast-r720q12013-2ds1202 ~]$  idracadm7 -r idrac-8DS1202 -u root -p ******* getversion

[kristl at lupin-bast-r720q12013-2ds1202 ~]$  idracadm7 -r idrac-8DS1202.ilo.fulldomainname.ch -u root -****** getversion
Security Alert: Certificate is invalid - self signed certificate
Continuing execution. Use -S option for racadm to stop execution on certificate-related errors.
ERROR: Unable to connect to RAC at specified IP address.

In other words: It appears that when I use an IP, or a short name as argument to the -r option racadm works, but if I use a FQDN it doesn't. Why would that be?

Krist van Besien