[Linux-PowerEdge] openmanage on PE 2850

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:03:18 CDT 2014

I was able to get OMSA 6.1 to work on our PE2850. I had to update all the
/etc/yum/repos.d/ files to point to the proper
vault/archive.centos.orgurls, since the mirrorlists no longer work/are
defunct, then I was able to
bootstrap it using the dell script, but yum -y install srvadmin-all didn't
work, so I used wget --no-parent --recursive
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_6.1/pe2850/rh40/srvadmin/ to get
all the files (use the rh40_64 dir if you're using the x86_64 variant),
 installed the openwsman, sblim, etc pre-requirements and then rpm -Uvh'd
the srvadmin-*.rpm files. omreport storage now works.