[Linux-PowerEdge] Bios updates, How reliable/up to date are the instructions on the WIKI?

Krist van Besien Krist.vanBesien at processlynx.ch
Tue Mar 25 10:44:57 CDT 2014

From: Diederick Stoffers [mailto:d.stoffers at gmail.com]
> https://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/

Thank you.

Following the instructions here however I get amongst other things the following output when I start a firmware upgrade:

Checking Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller - 1.50.50
	Available: dell_dup_componentid_25227 - 1.46.45
	Did not find a newer package to install that meets all installation checks.

Now, I do know that a more recent version of iDRAC firmware exists, and I was hoping that it could be installed using the firmware tools.

Doing a "yum repolist -v" I get the following information for the hardware specific repo:

Repo-id      : dell-omsa-specific
Repo-name    : Dell OMSA repository - Hardware specific
Repo-updated : Fri Dec  6 15:46:41 2013
Repo-pkgs    : 0
Repo-size    : 0
Repo-mirrors : http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/mirrors.cgi?osname=el6Server&basearch=x86_64&native=1&sys_ven_id=0x1028&sys_dev_id=0x048c&dellsysidpluginver=unreleased_version
Repo-baseurl : http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x048c/rh60_64/
Repo-expire  : 21,600 second(s) (last: Tue Mar 25 15:53:31 2014)

As you can see repolist tells me that the hardware specific repo is empty.

Is this a case of Dell not having yet made the firmware available in the repo? Or have I misconfigured something?

Krist van Besien