[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 7.3/Debian

Jimenez, Sergio Sergio.Jimenez at Teradata.com
Fri Mar 21 07:51:58 CDT 2014

Hi,

I'm using OMSA 7.3 on our fleet of Debian servers mostly for checking HW health, we've been experiencing memory issues with sfcb so we are considering two approaches to fix it. Either stop it or package a newer version where several memory leaks have been fixed.

For the first option I'd like to know what is it use for inside OMSA...as far as I have been able to find, it's used by srvadmin-itunnelprovider which seems to be used by DSET, but still I'm not really sure whether it's needed for HW monitoring, it seems it only used for reporting...is that correct? I might be missing something.

If sfcb is really needed for our use case, I'd be willing to spend some time to compile a newer version which I can imagine some people would be interested in.

I'd be grateful if someone could clarify for me the specific use of sfcb inside OMSA.

Thanks in advance.

sjr