[Linux-PowerEdge] openmanage on PE 2850

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:52:39 CDT 2014

Hi was fighting with this just yesterday, but it was even worse with this
PE2850 running RHEL4. For monitoring the RAID controller, I ended up
downloading LSI's megamon utility
http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/Obsolete/Obsolete%20Common%20Files/HWR_Monitor_Linux_3.8.zip.
I just unzip'd it, ran ./install, and it put a raidmon service in
/etc/init.d . chkconfig on that, then start it and it'll automatically
email root at localhost if a drive fails or a rebuild starts (every 2%), or
some other error occurs. I just used a /root/.forward file with a
forwarding email address, but you can setup your sendmail however you want.
As for everything else ipmitool sdr will have to do until we can scrap this
box.