[Linux-PowerEdge] iDRAC7 out-of-band monitoring with Nagios

D. Jared Dominguez Jared_Dominguez at dell.com
Wed Mar 19 16:26:58 CDT 2014

Delayed response, but I agree that having something more featureful
would be nice. I passed your comment along. Hopefully more features for
this plugin are in its future. :)

Relatedly, this whitepaper was put together by some developers here at
Dell. It helps with setting up monitoring using this plugin for those
who are new to Nagios:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20438638.aspx

--Jared

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:53:21AM -0600, Austin Murphy wrote:
>This appears to simply be a single SNMP query of a Global Health Status OID.
>
>That is useful and it's nice that you don't need to install the OMSA tools, but
>it doesn't provide anything close to the kind of detail that check_openmange
>does.
>
>  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html
>
>Austin
>

>On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM, D. Jared Dominguez <Jared_Dominguez at dell.com>
>wrote:
>
>    For those who don't follow Dell TechCenter, I just saw this blog post
>    about out-of-band monitoring using iDRAC7 and Nagios:
>
>    http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2014/01/15/
>    dell-integration-with-nagios-core-and-nagios-xi.aspx
>
>    --Jared
>

>    --
>    Jared Dominguez
>    Linux Engineering