[Linux-PowerEdge] PE 2950 PERC 5/i slow

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Mon Mar 17 09:18:17 CDT 2014

Thank you everyone... yes they are the crappy Seagate drives -
ST3500630NS.

I swapped the drives to the other identical 2900 and the problem followed
the drives.  I had already run the SMART tests and everything shows fine.
The battery health was fine on both (had swapped the battery to test prior
as well).  And the virtual disks are both in the same optimal state.

I'm going to give in and just get some better drives.  Any
recommendations?

Jake