[Linux-PowerEdge] Retrieving default firmware configuration via wsman?

Chitrak_Gupta at Dell.com Chitrak_Gupta at Dell.com
Mon Mar 17 03:17:36 CDT 2014

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Matthew,

The WSMAN stack does not yet have a method to reset the iDRAC to default configuration. We will be adding the support shortly.

However you can try out the following method from Dell Lifecycle Management profile<http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/3515.dcim-lifecycle-controller-lc-management-profile-1-5.aspx>
                ExportSystemConfiguration().

The above method however will export the entire system configuration (not only iDRAC).

DCIM_LCService.ExportSystemConfiguration() Method: Parameters

Qualifiers

Name

Type

Description/Values

IN, REQ

IPAddress

string

The IP address of the target export server.

IN, REQ

ShareName

string

The directory path to the mount point.

IN, REQ

FileName

string

The target output file name.

IN, REQ

ShareType

uint16

Type of share:  NFS=0, CIFS=2

IN

Username

String

User name for the target export server.

IN

Password

String

Password for the target export server.

IN

Workgroup

String

WorkGroup name if it is needed.

IN

Target

String

To identify the component for Export. It identifies the one or more FQDDs .Selective list of FQDDs should be given in comma separated format . Default = “All” .

IN

ExportUse

uint16

Type of Export intended for use :

Default =0, Clone=1 , Replace=2.

IN

IncludeInExport

uint16

Extra information to include in the export:

Default=0, clone=1, replace =2.

OUT

Job

CIM_ConcreteJob REF

Returned to keep track of config job status.

OUT

MessageID

String

Error Message ID may be used to look-up in the Dell Message registry files. For more information, see Error Message Registry.

OUT

Message

String

Error Message in English corresponding to MessageID is returned if the method fails to execute.

OUT

MessageArguments[]

string

Substitution variables for dynamic error messages.

Regards,
Chitrak