[Linux-PowerEdge] SRPMs / spec files

Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta) Jason.Antman at coxinc.com
Mon Mar 10 13:09:24 CDT 2014

Rob,

The "Support" section of http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/OMSA, where we've gotten the information for the yum repository, says:

"This repository is an official distribution method. For support questions related to this package repository, see the appropriate mailing list at linux-poweredge<http://lists.us.dell.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-poweredge>. Please monitor the mailing list for status messages and announcements concerning this repository. "

I took that to mean that this list is the only support, and haven't heard anything different yet... regardless, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure I know how things will go if I call Dell support and say, "your OMSA RPMs need to declare an obsoletes in the spec file."

I'll give it a try tomorrow though... thanks.