[Linux-PowerEdge] SRPMs / spec files

Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta) Jason.Antman at coxinc.com
Mon Mar 10 06:28:15 CDT 2014

Yup, still no response. It seems to me that this is "serial abandonware"
- their meaning of "community support" seems to be that they release
software, and then ignore the community and users until the next release.

I'm going to go through my contacts, LinkedIn, etc. and see if I know of
someone sufficiently high up the chain at Dell... we've got 500+ Dell
machines in racks, and I'm more than happy putting whatever pressure on
Dell that I can. If this isn't a problem they can't solve, fine. But
having emails to the "only official support" (i.e. "don't call your
vendor or the support line") totally ignored is unacceptable. On the
other hand, maybe after this I can finally convince my boss to put in
CapEx for evergreening the whole datacenter, and replace every last one
of these Dell boxes with energy-efficient HPs. They even officially
support Linux, and I've *never* had an email to their Linux mailing
lists go unanswered...

On 03/04/2014 09:49 AM, Eugene Vilensky wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 12:45:36 +0000
> "Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta)" <Jason.Antman at coxinc.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been looking around on linux.dell.com, but can't find the source
>> RPMs or spec files for OMSA. Can someone please point me to them?
>>
> Are the packaging scripts and specs open-source?

Jason Antman | Systems Engineer | CMGdigital
jason.antman at coxinc.com | p: 678-645-4155