[Linux-PowerEdge] PowerEdge R910, PERC H700 and newest CentOS kernel

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 24 08:11:49 CDT 2014

Upon updating our PowerEdge R910 with LSI MegaRAID SAS 2108 controller (PERC
H700 Integrated) to the CentOS 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64 kernel it failed to
boot.  It runs grub and does the initial bootstrap but after init takes over
it panics claiming it cannot find the root filesystem.  I am assuming it does
not find the disks at all at that point.  So I have booted back into the older
2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.x86_64 kernel where it works fine.

The H700 has firmware 12.10.5-0001

Anyone else experience this?

Paul Raines                     http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA

dispose of the e-mail.