[Linux-PowerEdge] OME and OMSA on ubuntu

Manoj_Poonia at Dell.com Manoj_Poonia at Dell.com
Thu Jun 19 07:18:57 CDT 2014

Hi, Please post the OME specific question to http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494.aspx forum. There is a dedicated page of OME (www.delltechcenter.com/ome<http://www.delltechcenter.com/ome>) having some videos and whitepaper which would be helpful.
Briefly, You can include the details:

Ø  How the server was discovered (OS IP or iDRAC IP).

Ø  Protocol Used: SNMP/SSH?

Ø  In the Server summary (Device Tree) and inventory information, please verify whether you are seeing "Inventory Collector Agent" entry in the "Data Source" table.

Ø  And "Software Inventory Information" table is available in the same device summary page. This information helps OME to do the compliance and system specific updates.

Regards,
Manoj

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Robert Gurdon
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:37 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] OME and OMSA on ubuntu

Hi,

I would like to update my PowerEdge server with OME -> OMSA.

I have an OME server which inventoried the server and i've got all information about it, but it didn't show up under the system update menu.

The OME server is running OME 1.3
The server runs Ubuntu 12.04 - OMSA 7.4.0-1 (srvadmin-all)

What should I set up to be able to update my server?

Thanks,

--
Kind regards:

Robert