[Linux-PowerEdge] How to monitor RAID health on PowerEdge from Ubuntu?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:16:19 CDT 2014

Hi Austin,

It is not clear to me what is the relation between Nagios & Dell OpenManage.

Nagios says "Nagios is a powerful monitoring system that enables
organizations to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems
before they affect critical business processes." Then, why I need
OpenManage?

If OpenManage can does the monitoring, why I need Nagios.

Also, how to install Nagios on Ubuntu 14.04. I don't know enough to
follow the server guide. For example, what is the role of server1 and
server2? Why I need to add MySQL check and DNS related configuration?

https://help.ubuntu.com/14.04/serverguide/nagios.html

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Austin Murphy <austin.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peng,
>
> This script integrates Nagios with the Dell OpenManage tool.
>
>   http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html
>
> I'm a big fan of it.
>
> Austin
>

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenManage
>>
>> I see the above link. But I'm not sure if it is still current. I want
>> to monitor the health of RAID in PowerEdge. Could anybody let me know
>> what is the best practice on Ubuntu? (I have LTS 14.04)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Peng

Regards,