[Linux-PowerEdge] PXE boot from add-in card

Jonathan jonathan at schwarzelan.de
Wed Jun 18 00:59:19 CDT 2014

Hi Ian,

I am using quite a number of 10GBit 'add-in' cards,
and have yet to see any of them show up with an boot-option
(ie. they never show up in the BIOS selection for boot-devices, and
never in the pre-boot listings,
like you will see, e.g. the Broadcom cards displaying a short
post-(during-)BIOS message)

Of course I'd like to be proven wrong, but I don't think the current
of-the-shelf 10Gbit cards are
boot capable.

Best
-Jonathan