[Linux-PowerEdge] Solution to update Dell firmwares in Debian based distros.

Jean-Daniel TISSOT Jean-Daniel.Tissot at univ-fcomte.fr
Tue Jun 17 03:36:29 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I used this application for a long time.
It's work well for my Debian Dell servers. It used Alien to convert rpm packages to deb packages.

Unfortunately, now a lot of rpm packages have a version number which doesn't  start with a number. So Alien can't convert them to debian packages (Debian need version number of a package starting with a number).

I can't now update some firmware like PERC, .... with update_firmware -y command.

*Can Dell packagers use version number of their packa**ges starting with a number.**
**It will be very **useful for Debian users.

**We will very grateful f**or that. Thanks in advance.*

Sorry for my poor English.

Le 12. 11. 12 17:40, Claudio Cesar Sanchez Tejeda a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I developed a bash application that download the rpm packages (firmware, firmware tools and ie modules) from the YUM Dell repo and port them to Debian packages.
>
> You can upload these packages to a Debian repo and install them in your Dell servers.
>
> The project is hosted in Github: https://github.com/demonccc/lnxDellRepo2deb
>
> Please let me know if you have some workarounds or ideas in order to improve this project.
>
> Regards.

Bien cordialement, Jean-Daniel TISSOT
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux
Tel: +33 3 81 666 440           Fax: +33 3 81 666 568

Laboratoire Chrono-environnement http://chrono-environnement.univ-fcomte.fr/
Université de Franche-Comté                       http://www.univ-fcomte.fr/
16, Route de Gray
25030 BESANÇON Cédex                mailto:Jean-Daniel.Tissot at Univ-FComte.FR
http://chrono-environnement.univ-fcomte.fr/spip.php?article457

Plan et Accès : https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zjsxW4ZzZPLY.kp2qPHUBD45c