[Linux-PowerEdge] How to monitor RAID health on PowerEdge from Ubuntu?

waz0wski list at mass-distortion.net
Mon Jun 16 15:23:38 CDT 2014

I don't install/utilize openmanage. I use the MegaCLI tools [1] for
checking RAID status.

Puppet executes MegaCLI and parses a few output strings to put  RAID
status in MOTD of nodes,

A cron job is used to run MegaCLI to check RAID health status, and send
SNMP traps on certain RAID/disk events to monitoring system (zenoss)

- [1] http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/DebianPackages