[Linux-PowerEdge] Changing Boot Configuration via wsman?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Jun 9 12:49:04 CDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 02:20:13PM -0500, Spike_White at Dell.com wrote:
> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
>
> Matthew,
>
> Am I understanding correctly, that there's a wsman method to set up BIOS-based or EFI-based PXE booting for a Dell server?  For a raw server, that does not yet have an OS?

Yes - use the SetAttribute() call in the NIC profile to set the
LegacyBootProtocol attribute to "PXE" in order to enable BIOS support
for PXE (not needed if you're only using UEFI booting). After the
changes are committed and the machine rebooted, you can use
the DCIM_BootConfigSetting profile's ChangeBootSourceState() method to
enable the NICs in the appropriate boot profile (IPL or EFI) and
ChangeBootOrderByInstanceID() to set up the boot order.

I'm afraid I don't have a script - this is being done with our internal
codebase.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org