[Linux-PowerEdge] RHEL7 packages + support R715 and R815

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Dec 31 06:47:02 CST 2014

On 12/30/2014 06:58 AM, Rathish_Das at dell.com wrote:

> *Dell - Internal Use - Confidential *
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> RHEL7 packages are already posted. For example you can see at
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh70_64/ie_modules/
>

> Can you please run the followings—
>
> 1)wget command --- ( wget -q -O -
> http://143.166.224.62/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash)
>
> 2)yum install dell_ft_install

I did that and was able to update some packages.  But the srvadmin-*
packages are still not available for some reason.  I can't get OMSA to
fully install on an R710.

There's no srvadmin-all package so I get no OMSA web interface on port
1311 running.

There's no omreport command on the system.  I would really like to have
that working since I've got some locally developed scripts that collect
system information using omreport for record keeping purposes.

Some of the srvadmin services that are working on rh6.x systems aren't
available for rh7.x systems.  I use Open Monitoring Distribution
(www.omdistro.org) and the check_mk utility is able to check a bunch of
OMSA services on the 6.x systems.  That isn't available so far on the
7.x systems.

I looked around on that web server and noticed there's a big difference
in what's available for rh60 versus rh70.

On http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/

Look in the rh60_64/srvadmin-x86_64/ and the rh70_64/srvadmin-x86_64
directories.  The list of packages are quite a bit different.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil