[Linux-PowerEdge] PERC H700 activate disk without reboot

Josh_Moore at Dell.com Josh_Moore at Dell.com
Fri Dec 12 08:46:16 CST 2014

Alex, the H700 requires drives to be a part of a virtual disk.
It sounds like in this case you would want to create a single-disk RAID0 to present the drive to the OS

The options and syntax for that operation can be found here
http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/is/en/isdhs1/Topic/dell-opnmang-srvr-admin-v8.0.1/OMSA_CLI-v4/en-us/GUID-743FD98E-0FE6-4A26-B500-40E7347B2896

Follow that up with an initialization of that new virtual disk. Be sure to specify the correct virtual disk.

List virtual disks
omreport storage vdisk controller=0

Initialize virtual disk
omconfig storage vdisk action=initialize controller=0 vdisk=ID

Josh Moore
Enterprise Master Engineer
RHCE, RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack (120-095-146) | LPIC-3 Core + Security
Dell | Support Services