[Linux-PowerEdge] Broadcom update is passing (Stefan M. Radman)

Stefan M. Radman smr at kmi.com
Wed Apr 23 05:36:49 CDT 2014

Hi Palko,

rm -rf /opt/dell/srvadmin /usr/libexec/dell_dup /usr/share/firmware/dell

Perhaps the first step isn't necessary separately as the second would
clean them too

The first step is necessary to keep the RPM database consistent.
Before removing the directories you can make sure that ALL related packages are properly uninstalled e.g.

# yum remove $(find /opt/dell/srvadmin /usr/libexec/dell_dup /usr/share/firmware/dell | xargs rpm -qf | grep -v '^file .* is not owned by any package‘ | sort -u )

Stefan