[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 7.4.0 : you do not have execution permission for ./invcol

Santosh_Gore at Dell.com Santosh_Gore at Dell.com
Wed Apr 23 03:52:52 CDT 2014

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi Robert,

Please run the invcol “/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/invcol” from shell prompt and share console output.

Thanks
Santosh
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Robert Jacobson
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:15 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 7.4.0 : you do not have execution permission for ./invcol

I just upgraded to OMSA 7.40 on my R720xd (CentOS 6.4).  To upgrade I did:

yum -y upgrade srvadmin-* dell_ie*

Is that the recommended process?

In any case, the install seemed to work correctly.  I then started the services.   A few seconds after the services start, I get an error about ldd and ./invcol (see below):

[root at sfep2 fep]# srvadmin-services.sh start
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver: Already started                      [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dsm_sa_datamgrd:                                  [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_eventmgrd:                                 [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_snmpd:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting DSM SA Shared Services:                           [  OK  ]
Starting DSM SA Connection Service:                        [  OK  ]
[root at sfep2 fep]# ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `./invcol'
/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/invcol: line 358: ./invcol: Permission denied

I can't see any reason why root wouldn't be able to execute invcol:

[root at sfep2 fep]# rpm -qf /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/lx64/invcol
srvadmin-cm-7.4.0-4.1.115.el6.x86_64
[root at sfep2 fep]# ll /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/invcol
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 35 Apr 18 15:26 /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/invcol -> /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/lx64/invcol*
[root at sfep2 fep]# ll /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/lx64/invcol
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 32853942 Feb  5 11:21 /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/lx64/invcol*
[root at sfep2 fep]# mount | grep /opt
/dev/mapper/vg0-OptVol on /opt type ext4 (rw)

Ideas, please?