[Linux-PowerEdge] Installing Debian 5.0 on PowerEdge R420 ith PERC R710

Gido_Baumann at Dell.com Gido_Baumann at Dell.com
Mon Apr 14 10:10:47 CDT 2014

Hello Rakesh,

a possible solution can be to use an installer ISO images with modifications like

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

Regards,
Gido

-----Original Message-----
Von: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists Im Auftrag von Dominguez, Jared
Gesendet: Samstag, 12. April 2014 6:08
An: rakeshbaluja at hotmail.com
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Betreff: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Installing Debian 5.0 on PowerEdge R420 ith PERC R710

If I recall correctly from when I tested squeeze right before PowerEdge 12G released, you need to grab the Broadcom NIC firmware from Ubuntu 12.04. That'll be one of the linux-firmware* packages. You might also need to grab a DKMS package for the megaraid_sas driver. Otherwise, I think things should mostly work. I'm replying from my phone so don't have better details on getting those two things right now.