[Linux-PowerEdge] Installing Debian 5.0 on PowerEdge R420 ith PERC R710

Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com
Sat Apr 12 08:28:23 CDT 2014

No. Lenny is two stable Debian releases ago and does not even receive security updates let alone hardware enablement updates. Lenny is also archived since Wheezy released a year ago, so Lenny isn't even in the non-archived Debian mirrors. Please use Wheezy instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rakesh Baluja [rakeshbaluja at hotmail.com<mailto:rakeshbaluja at hotmail.com>]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 07:32 PM Central Standard Time
To: Poonia, Manoj; Dominguez, Jared
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Installing Debian 5.0 on PowerEdge R420 ith PERC R710

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a Dell R420 with PERC RAID R710, Intel NIC & Broadcom NIC.

I have hired different installers to install Debian 5.0 32 from different ISOs but all say the following:

The megaraid_sas module is not mature enough on that release to support the PERC RAID card installed.
The igb module is not mature enough to support the specific Intel GbE NIC's instralled.
The tgb module is not mature enough to support the specific Broadcom NIC's that are installed on the motherboard.
Is there a working ISO which can support my hardware for Debian 5.0 lenny

Thanks
Rakesh