[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA problem - DRAC4 & Systems Management Data Engine

Zurd zurd33 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:19:50 CDT 2014

Hi, I have a PowerEdge R200 with CentOS 6.5 (64 bits), I succesfully
installed OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) 7.3.2 by just installing
it with yum like it says on the Dell wiki page, however I'm having problem
when starting it:

srvadmin-services.sh start
DRAC4 probe: DRAC4 pci device not found                    [FAILED]
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver: Already started                      [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Failed to start because system is not supported
dsm_om_shrsvc: DSM SA Shared Services cannot start on an unsupported
system. See the Dell Systems Software Support Matrix for a list of
supported systems.
Starting DSM SA Connection Service:                        [  OK  ]

I found the Dell compatibility matrix for OMSA 7.2 and it says a PowerEdge
R200 is supported but I cannot find the one for OMSA 7.3. Also I cannot go
to https://localhost:1311 it is not working.

Any command to get information on the server is not working either:
omreport chassis memory
Memory Information

Error : Memory object not found

Any help is appreciated! Here's more information:
omreport about details=true

Product name : Dell OpenManage Server Administrator
Version      : 7.3.2
Copyright    : Copyright (C) Dell Inc. 1995-2013 All rights reserved.
Company      : Dell Inc.
Contains     : A library for parsing GNU style command line arguments 7.3.2
             : Apache Tomcat Webserver 7.0.39
             : Data Engine 7.3.2
             : Data Engine SNMP 7.3.2
             : Disney SNMP 7.3.2
             : Hardware Abstraction Programming Interface 7.3.2
             : Instrumentation Services 7.3.2
             : Integrated Tunnel Provider 1.3.0
             : Meta package for installing all Server Administrator
features 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Administrator Storage
Services feature 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Administrator Web
Server feature 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Administrator cli
component 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Administrator snmp
component 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Administrator storage
cli component 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Administrator storage
snmp component 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Server Agent 7.3.2
             : Meta package for installing the Standard Server Agent 7.3.2
             : Meta rpm for RAC4 components 7.1.0
             : Meta rpm for RAC5 components 7.3.2
             : Meta rpm for iDRAC components 7.3.2
             : Modular Server Virtual Media CLI Utils 1.0.0
             : Monolithic Server Virtual Media CLI Utils 1.0.0
             : OSLogging control 7.3.2
             : Oracle Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0_21
             : RAC Command Interface 7.1.0
             : RAC Integration Layer 7.3.2
             : RAC5 Command Interface 7.1.0
             : RealSSD package for storage management 7.3.2
             : Remote Access Card Data Populator 7.3.2
             : Remote Access Card Data Populator 7.1.0
             : Remote Access Card Managed Node 7.1.0
             : Server Administrator CLI 7.3.2
             : Server Administrator Common Framework 7.3.2
             : Server Administrator Common Services 7.3.2
             : Server Administrator Core 7.3.2
             : Server Administrator XML Support SDK 7.3.2
             : Software package for Fluid Cache Management 7.3.2
             : Storage Management CLI component 4.3.0
             : Storage Management SNMP component 4.3.0
             : Storage Management System Utilities Package / Libsysfs 1.3.0
             : Storage Management accessors package 4.3.0
             : Storage Management common files for GUI and CLI 4.3.0
             : Storage Management package for GUI component 4.3.0
             : StoreLib package for storage management 7.3.2
             : System Utilities Package/Libsysfs for LSI storage libraries
2.1.0
             : iDRAC SNMP components 7.3.2
             : iDRAC6 Command Interface 7.3.2