[Linux-PowerEdge] Lifecycle controller scripting issues

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Apr 9 10:56:34 CDT 2014

I'm testing our code for configuration of factory-state systems. The
problem I'm hitting is that after an LCWipe the IPMI-over-LAN feature is
disabled. Is there an API call to reenable that? Alternatively, is there
any API method for reconfiguring the iDRAC to DHCP? I'd like to get it
away from 192.168.0.120 in a programmatic manner.

Another problem is that the LC Management Profile documentation mentions
a "BIOS Reset To Defaults Requested" attribute, but my iDRAC doesn't
seem to provide it. Is this restricted to newer firmware?

Thanks,
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org