[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 7.4, DTK 4.4 and iSM 1.0 published for Ubuntu/Debian

john lists at cloned.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 10:50:41 CDT 2014

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014, D. Jared Dominguez wrote:

>> To be clear, this did not work in 7.3.0 either and had the same XML error.
>> I saw someone else had reported them same thing back in August 2013.
>
> Sorry, still early for me. I missed that detail in your original message. So
> this doesn't sound like an upgrade issue.
>
> Since you're using this system as a frontend, would it be feasible for you
> completely uninstall and reinstall OMSA on this VM? Also, before you do that,
> could you send me the contents of
> /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib/openmanage/apache-tomcat/conf minus the keystore*
> files?

Ok I have purged all the srvadmin* packages and everything it pulled in as
far as I could tell and then reinstalled fresh on 7.4.0. Still same
problem with the same error. I noted one package that wasn't pulled in
that was XML related: srvadmin-xmlsup so I whacked that on there too but
it didn't make any difference!

[Fatal Error] :1:44: XML document structures must start and end within the
same entity.

Cheers,

John