[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 7.4, DTK 4.4 and iSM 1.0 published for Ubuntu/Debian

john lists at cloned.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 05:04:06 CDT 2014

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, D. Jared Dominguez wrote:

> http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2014/04/08/dell-omsa-7-4-dtk-4-4-and-ism-1-0-for-ubuntu-and-debian.aspx
>
> Let me know if you find bugs. :)

I have a Debian wheezy VM I'm running 7.4 on (updated from OM 7.3) as
a webinterface to some centos/redhat based xenservers (running 7.3.0)
which no longer install the webinterface. I have only dsm_om_connsvc
running on the Debian VM.

When I try and login to a remote system using port 5986 through this it
just comes up with "login failed" immediately. Checking the logs:

/opt/dell/srvadmin/var/log/openmanage/dsm_om_connsvcdIO.log it outputs:

[Fatal Error] :1:44: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

And that's it. Don't see anything at the other end. Don't see any packets
or anything.

Any ideas why I can't login to remote systems? It did the same on 7.3. My
next step was going to be try it on CentOS and see if it was the same but
not gotten round to that yet.

Thanks,

John