[Linux-PowerEdge] SRPMs / spec files

Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta) Jason.Antman at coxinc.com
Mon Apr 7 15:45:34 CDT 2014

Manoj,

Thanks for the tip. Apologies for the delayed response; around the time I sent my last updates to this thread, I got pulled off on a major project and am just coming back to work on the openmanage issues.

So on one test host, I changed my yum repository files from "hardware/latest" to "hardware/OMSA_7.2". After doing that I was able to upgrade from 7.1.0 to 7.2.0, but it was a bit tricky as it seems there was an issue with the "srvadmin-all" metapackage:

Transaction Check Error:
file /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib64/openmanage/libdcsnra.so from install of srvadmin-idrac-snmp-7.2.0-4.481.2.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package srvadmin-rac-components-7.1.0-4.220.2.el6.x86_64

It seems that there's some sort of issue with how the metapackage pulls in dependencies, or how files are moved from one package to another (like that error). I was able to use the yum shell to both install srvadmin-all and remove srvadmin-rac-components-7.1.0 in the same transaction, and the upgrade now worked:

# yum shell
> yum install srvadmin-all
> yum remove srvadmin-rac-components-7.1.0
> run

However, I'm seeing some strange behavior with racadm:

[root at djamemdev1 ~]# which racadm
/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm
[root at djamemdev1 ~]# ls -l /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Apr  7 15:58 /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -> racadm-wrapper-rac5
[root at djamemdev1 ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm-wrapper-rac5
srvadmin-racadm5-7.2.0-4.3.426.el6.x86_64
[root at djamemdev1 ~]# /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm-wrapper-rac5 version
RACADM version 7.1.0
Copyright (c) 2003-2012 Dell, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

Even though RPM confirms I have omsa 7.2.0 installed, `racadm version` is returning "RACADM version 7.1.0". I've already run "srvadmin-services.sh restart".

Is there any known reason why racadm would be reporting the wrong version? Is there something left hanging around my system that's causing it to use the wrong racadm?

I'm also seeing something else that seems a bit strange:
[root at opskvmdev1 ~]# which racadm
/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm
[root at opskvmdev1 ~]# ls -l /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Apr  7 16:39 /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -> racadm-wrapper-rac5
[root at opskvmdev1 ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm
file /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm is not owned by any package

So it looks like `racadm` itself is a symlink that's not actually owned by a package?

Thanks for any assistance,
Jason