[Linux-PowerEdge] Q: Possible to access "PowerVault 114x" via chain-through on MD3200?

cupertino cupertino at gmx.net
Thu Apr 3 14:57:58 CDT 2014

Did some research. Seems slot 3 is under riser 2.
see:
http://server.ru/html/products/dell/servers/rack/dell-poweredge-r310/guide/jumper.htm
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/poweredge_r310_techguide_final1.pdf

So you should be able to install 2x SAS HBAs even if a RAID card is
installed (see section 12.2 in above tech guide).