[Linux-PowerEdge] connect MD1000 with unsupported drives to MD3000

Diederick Stoffers d.stoffers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:35:51 CDT 2014

Hi all,

We have a PowerVault MD1000 that runs 15 2TB WD2003FYYS SATA disks (directly from WD, not DELL) and is connected to a PERC6/e. System has been running fine for years, although OMSA complains about these drives/firmware being unsupported.

We are thinking of buying an MD3000 and would like to hook up the MD1000 in a daisy chain (which will require temporarily moving the data as disks need to be initialised). I have read that the MD3000 is more picky disk-wise. Can I expect problems with these disks?

Cheers,

Diederick