[Linux-PowerEdge] iDRAC6 and ipmitool

Harsha_S1 at DELL.com Harsha_S1 at DELL.com
Thu Mar 28 01:42:50 CDT 2013

Hi Marcus,

Here is complete Set of the command to set the idrac Privilage level.

-- Get reservation ID
>ipmitool  raw 0x2e 0x01 0xa2 0x02 0x00
Response <<  a2 02 00 37

--Setting the iDRAC User privilage with below raw command.

ipmitool raw 0x2e 0x03 0xa2 0x02 0x00 0x37 0x04 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x09 0x00 0x01 0x01 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00

0x37        Reservation Id Based on the first command execution
0x04        Token ID Always Fixed Setting rac privilage
0x04         User Index – Varies based on the which user we want to modify

Last 4 bytes should be changed based on the Privilage level.

One of the below to set relative privilege level
0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00         Set iDRAC User to READONLY

0xf3 0x01 0x00 0x00         Set iDRAC User to OPERATOR

0xff 0x01 0x00 0x00          Set iDRAC User to Administrtor

NOTE: To set the privilege level user account should be ADMIN.

Thanks
Harsha S
Dell | Enterprise Product Group