[Linux-PowerEdge] iDRAC6 and ipmitool

Marcus Furlong furlongm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:41:10 CDT 2013

Hi,

We have a number of poweredge R815's and have been wondering about an
iDRAC6 issue. With the latest firmware, we are unable to log into the
web interface with a user other than ADMIN, when that user is created
with ipmitool.

# ipmitool user list 1
ID  Name             Callin  Link Auth  IPMI Msg   Channel Priv Limit
2   ADMIN            true    true       true       ADMINISTRATOR
3   root             true    true       true       ADMINISTRATOR

In the web interface, the user is enabled, but doesn't seem to have
"iDRAC User Privileges". Does anyone know how to assign these
privileges using ipmitool? (or freeipmi, or raw commands?)

Thanks,
Marcus.

--
Marcus Furlong