[Linux-PowerEdge] online firmware updating with Debian Squeeze/Wheezy

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at pc-h.de
Tue Mar 19 06:18:21 CDT 2013

Hi,

I've been able to install the dell tools for Debian (OMSA 7.1) on a
Debian Squeeze with Backports Kernel.

The only Update update_firmware finds is the bios update. it does not
look for DRAC (which is updateable from 1.60 to 1.65) or raidcontroller
firmwares. I've tried the same which centos 6 and there it was possible
to download and install firmware updates other than bios.

Do you have any hints how I have to use the bootstap_firmware tool on
debian?

Thanks in advance Thomas

(Tested on a Dell PowerEdge 1950)

I've added the following repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dell -
Add in the following repositorys:

deb http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/latest /
deb http://linux.dell.com/repo cross-distro dell-firmware
deb http://linux.dell.com/repo gutsy dell-software

apt-get update

apt-get install dell-firmware-repository firmware-tools
system-bios-poweredge-1950 srvadmin-storageservices srvadmin-rac5
srvadmin-base

/etc/init.d/dataeng start