[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA services on SciLinux 6.3

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Mon Mar 18 04:48:48 CDT 2013

On 03/15/2013 08:16 PM, Srinivas_G_Gowda at dell.com wrote:
> "Tentative" release date for OM7.3 that will address this is June 2013.
>

> Thanks,

Waiting for June seems a pretty long delay. What about just fixing the
srvadmin-hapi initscript and releasing only this RPM as a hotfix ?
I've locally patched the initscript to include the changes from the
OpenIPMI initscript to handle in-kernel ipmi drivers, this is not very
difficult to do. I can share the patch if that helps, but I'm still on
OpenManage 6.5 series, so I'm not sure it will apply cleanly to the OM
7.2 srvadmin-hapi initscript.

Regards,
Xavier