[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA on R620 - ESXi 5.1 - services not running after install [SOLVED]

Jacob Seeley Jacob.Seeley at radispheregroup.com
Thu Mar 7 15:15:07 CST 2013

It's in the documentation but it's not exactly obvious:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-opnmang-sw-v7.1_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf
Page 55: "Use Server Administrator Web Server version 7.0 to access VMware ESXi 4.0 U3, VMware ESXi 4.1 U2, VMware ESXi 5.0 U1 systems."

There is also this:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1025594

You might be able to install the server administrator web server in a VM on a non Dell host but not sure. There is also the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter. I haven't used this but this might replace the need for a managed node to connect to the OMSA instance on your ESXi box.

--
Jacob Seeley