[Linux-PowerEdge] Create vdisk failure

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Wed Jul 31 12:20:29 CDT 2013

PE2900, CentOS 6.4 x86_64, OMSA 7.2.

I have a single-disk RAID-0 vdisk in an external shelf connected to a Perc
6/E. The disk failed, was removed and replaced by a new disk. The new
disk, known to be good (I have tried it in a different system), shows in
the OMSA physical disk display; the old vdisk has been deleted. I clear
the disk and attempt to create a new vdisk, which fails:

# omconfig storage controller controller=1 action=createvdisk raid=r0 size=max adisk=0:0:2
Create virtual disk failed

The only diagnostics that I can find anywhere is in the cmdlog:

Severity      : Non-Recoverable