[Linux-PowerEdge] PERC Recovery

Mustafa_Shukur at Dell.com Mustafa_Shukur at Dell.com
Mon Jul 29 11:51:11 CDT 2013

Assuming it is not a RAID 0,
http://mycusthelp.info/LSI/_cs/AnswerDetail.aspx?inc=8275

Physical Drive Commands
Start, stop, suspend, or resume an
            ongoing rebuild operation.

MegaCLI PDRbld -Start|-Stop
            |-Suspend|-Resume|-ShowProg
            |-ProgDsply -PhysDrv
            [E0:S0,E1:S1,...]
            -aN|-a0,1,2|-aALL

storcli /cx/ex/sx start rebuild
            storcli /cx/ex/sx stop rebuild
            storcli /cx/ex/sx pause rebuild
            storcli /cx/ex/sx resume rebuild
            storcli /cx/ex/sx show rebuild

If that does not work , set it as a hotspare:
Add and delete hotspare drives

MegaCli -PDHSP {-Set
            [{-Dedicated -ArrayN |
            -Array0,1...}] [-EnclAffinity]
            [-nonRevertible] } |
            -Rmv -PhysDrv[E0:S0,E1:S1,...]
            -aN|-a0,1,2|-aALL

storcli /cx/ex/sx add hotsparedrive
            [dgs=<N|0,1,2..>] enclaffinity
            nonrevertible
            storcli /cx/ex/sx delete hotsparedrive

Again, as long as the RAID config has "parity" and not a RAID 0, and if it was not configured "auto rebuild on/off" - (also in MegaCLI) .

Dell Hardware, we had an OS Drive fail, unfortunately the system drive is no longer manufactured, and was replaced with a larger drive, does anyone know how to force it into the RAID Config,  We're using MegaCLI Command line