[Linux-PowerEdge] ] CentOS R410 SAS config issues

ch urnd churnd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 07:25:09 CDT 2013

So what I learned based on the output of the screenshot below is that the
drive identifier in linux (sd*x*) doesn't always follow the correct order
of the bootable drives as set in BIOS for some reason.  In this case as far
as the virtual disks go, there are 2:1:0:0 & 2:1:2:0.  The bootable drive
is the first one in that order, so 2:1:0:0, even though it's labeled as sdd
by CentOS.  Why it does that, I don't know, but I now have a bootable
system after I installed everything (boot loader & OS) to sdd.  I also
noticed that after the system booted, sdc & sdd became sda & sdb.