[Linux-PowerEdge] firmware updates on Debian installs

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at pc-h.de
Tue Jul 16 02:09:52 CDT 2013

I work in a more or less debian only shop, too. But for firmware
upgrades I'm now moving to a CentOS 6 live netboot image with installed
dell open manage. I boot the live image from network, run the yum
install $(bootstrap_firmware) and update_firmware --yes and I'm done.

Of course, I can easily use racadm and syscfg in that image too, to
setup the various components of the dell Servers.

The live cd creator can be found in the epel repository.

Regards Thomas