[Linux-PowerEdge] OSMA H710 - T620 No storage Controller

Luis Nagaki luis.nagaki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:49:40 CDT 2013

i was getting this before
#service dsm_sa_ipmi status
ipmi_msghandler module not loaded.
ipmi_si module not loaded.
ipmi_devintf module loaded.
/dev/ipmi0 exists.

found here
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2013-March/047794.html

# mv /etc/init.d/dsm_sa_ipmi /etc/init.d/dsm_sa_ipmi.dell
# ln -s ipmi /etc/init.d/dsm_sa_ipmi
# srvadmin-services.sh start

Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu: Already started                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver: Already started                      [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dsm_sa_datamgrd: Already started                  [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_eventmgrd: Already started                 [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_snmpd: Already started                     [  OK  ]
DSM SA Shared Services is already started
DSM SA Connection Service is already started

# service dsm_sa_ipmi status
ipmi_msghandler module in kernel.
ipmi_si module in kernel.
ipmi_devintf module loaded.