[Linux-PowerEdge] RHEL 5.3 on r720

Howard, Chris HowardC at prpa.org
Thu Jul 11 15:34:16 CDT 2013

correction, the older box is an r710,
the new boxes are r720.

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard, Chris [mailto:HowardC at prpa.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:25 PM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] RHEL 5.3 on r720

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I need a pointer.
Some time ago, like 2011, I put RHEL (scientific respin) 5.3 on
an R720.

Now I have two more R720 boxes and am trying to install.
But the anaconda installer does not find my
two mirrored drives.  It doesn't seem to find any
drives at all.  I can't find any notes relating back
to my previous install, nothing that covers the issue.

An install of 6.x worked fine, but my Oracle software
won't run on 6.x so I'm forced to 5.x

Is there some argument to the installer or some other trick
in order to see my mirrored drives?

Chris