[Linux-PowerEdge] PE hardware recommendation for Linux software RAID server
jimreynolds85 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:47:46 CDT 2013
I spec-ing a tower server that needs about 12-16TB of storage space.
I'm looking at the PowerEdge T320 with:
* Chassis with up to 8, 3.5" Hot-Plug Hard Drives
* No RAID for H310 (1-16 HDDs)
* PERC H310 Integrated RAID Controller
* 1 (one) 500GB 7.2K RPM SATA 3Gbps 3.5in hot-plug hard drives
* 5 (five) 4TB 7.2K RPM SATA 3Gbps 3.5in hot-plug hard drives
I don't want to use the hardware RAID but Linux software RAID ideally. The
500GB hard drive will be the boot drive for the Linux OS.
I'm getting the PERC H310 just as a precaution, though (and the price
difference isn't much).
Any suggestions, recommendations? Anyone have experience with using
software RAID with these Dell PEs?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge