[Linux-PowerEdge] 15 or 20 package_power_limit events per second on an R320

J. Adam Craig jacraig at vcu.edu
Tue Jul 2 13:03:25 CDT 2013

Todd --

You are correct.  I've not had the luxury of having the time or material
resources at my disposal to attempt to isolate whether every setting in the
chart is needed.  I would presume that the setting to disable
virtualization technology could be left to "Enabled" if you needed it that
way, but again, we've not had occasion to test that in our environment at
the present time.

For what its worth, we also noticed a significant improvement in system
performance after making the changes as outlined on pg. 6 of the document.
 A process that had taken several hours to complete was reduced to approx.
45 minutes.

-- Adam

*J. Adam Craig*
UNIX Operating Systems Analyst
VCU Computer Center
804.828.4886

"Don't be a phishing victim -- VCU and other reputable organizations will
security number or confidential personal information.  For more detauls,
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html"