[Linux-PowerEdge] 15 or 20 package_power_limit events per second on an R320

J. Adam Craig jacraig at vcu.edu
Tue Jul 2 12:18:48 CDT 2013

Folks --

The only "fix" I've managed to find for this issue has been to apply all
BIOS changes listed on p. 6 of this guide for "low-latency."  Apart from
these adjustements, I've found that these messages occur under moderate to
heavy load on R620, R720, and R820 servers running RHEL 6.x.

http://i.dell.com/sites/content/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/configuring-low-latency-environments-on-dell-poweredge-12g-servers.pdf

I've opened multiple support tickets with Dell Support, and consistently
been advised to update the BIOS, change from "Performance Per Watt" to
"Performance," etc., but these changes (knock on wood) has so far been the
only viable solution.

-- Adam

*J. Adam Craig*
UNIX Operating Systems Analyst
VCU Computer Center
804.828.4886

"Don't be a phishing victim -- VCU and other reputable organizations will
security number or confidential personal information.  For more detauls,
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html"