[Linux-PowerEdge] 15 or 20 package_power_limit events per second on an R320

Paul Warner paul.warner at cyaninc.com
Tue Jul 2 08:59:56 CDT 2013

We upgraded the BIOS, but it did not seem to matter.  We had to enable the
performance power profile (disable C states and C1E states).  Since then we
have not seen the problem.

I did a very small test to see the power consumption difference and did not
see much change, but my testing was rather weak in this area.  We have
maybe 100 R320s at this point, so I suppose it adds up, but I think the
difference was just a few watts.  We were more worried about stability
though.  When this problem happens it is rather painful.

-paul