[Linux-PowerEdge] rhcs and fencing agents for idrac7

Harsha_S1 at DELL.com Harsha_S1 at DELL.com
Thu Feb 28 06:40:39 CST 2013

Hi,

OM 7.2 Release has the support for lanplus interface in ipmitool.

Thanks
Harsha S
Dell | Enterprise Product Group
Office: +91-80-28077333 ext. 78644

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Gianluca Cecchi
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:13 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] rhcs and fencing agents for idrac7

Hello,
anyone using RHCS and idrac7 as a fencing device?

I'm deploying RHCS on RH EL 5.8 and fence_idrac5 doesn't work.

I found a technote from Red Hat (175603): the specified environment is RHEL 6 and the solution seems to use fence_ipmilan agent.

There is also a warning regarding OMSA:

"
Please be aware that there is issue when using Dell OpenManage repository. Dell repository will overwrite IPMItool with a version that does not support the LanPlus protocol. This will lead to fencing failing if the fence_agent is configured to use encryption.

As a workaround please remove the systems from the Dell OM channel after installing the OM tools "

Is this still true? What version of OMSA is supposed to work and integrates with a Dell R720 and iDRAC7?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca